Tech Conference Brings Hot Startups and Top Investors to Hong Kong in July
HONG KONG, June 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — With many of the world’s most dynamic entrepreneurs, investors and startups set to connect on Hong Kong for RISE 2017 from July 11- July 13, the region’s most exciting tech sector event is helping solidify Hong Kong’s position as a global hub for startups.
“There has never been a more exciting time to be an entrepreneur in Hong Kong. With the right location, infrastructure and talent, the city’s startup scene is now buzzing. RISE 2017 focuses all of this energy and activity into three full-on days and nights, where attendees will rub shoulders with tech celebs and influential investors and media, share their stories and experiences, get noticed and make connections,” said Paddy Cosgrave, the founder of RISE, as well as Founder and CEO of Web Summit, Europe’s largest tech conference.
Now in its third year, RISE is building on its previous successes, with around 15,000 attendees from 85 countries expected, up from 8,000 in 2016 and 5,000 in 2015.
More than 600 of the hottest startups from around the world are now preparing to join more than top 500 international investors and 550 journalists in Hong Kong to take advantage of the event’s legendary network opportunities. RISE 2017 includes inspiring speeches, curated workshops and roundtables, a startup showcase at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, the on-stage PITCH competition, and matchmaking sessions.
Among the more than 200 world-class speakers confirmed for the RISE 2017 are:
- Min-Liang Tan, Founder & CEO, Razer
- Ming Maa, President, Grab
- Anna Fang, Partner & CEO, ZhenFund
- Maggie Chan Jones, CMO, SAP
- Xiaochuan Wang, CEO, Sogou
- Hans Tung, Managing Partner, GGV Capital
- Dave McClure, Founder, 500 Startups
- Joe Tsai, Co-Founder & Executive Vice-Chairman, Alibaba Group
Learning from the tech world’s most influential leaders
RISE is bigger than ever this year, with 12 standalone conferences focusing on industry tracks from marketing to design, coding, Software as a Service, big data and more, plus curated networking events that take in the best of Hong Kong’s culture and nightlife. There are three new conferences this year:
- MoneyConf, where the world’s leading banks, fintech firms and disruptive startups will discuss the future of finance, with John Collison, President & Co-founder, Stripe, as a guest speaker.
- AutoTech, where industry leaders, including Torbjorn Holmstrom, Senior Advisor, Research & Technology, Volvo, will share their ideas on what’s next for autonomous vehicles, connected cars and the Internet of Things.
- TalkRobot, where Antoine Blondeau, Founder and Chairman at Sentient Technologies, and other artificial intelligence industry influencers, researchers and engineers will explore the future of AI and robotics.
Helping tech startups make valuable connections
The successful Office Hours programme is back in 2017, setting up on-site meetings between startups and interested investors. A total of 720 pre-arranged meetings were held at RISE 2016 and this busy schedule is expected to be repeated this year.
Early-stage startups can also take advantage of the Mentor Hours programme, which matches startups with high-level attendees like Kabam founder Holly Liu for one-on-one advice. More than 430 pre-arranged meetings will be held across 120 hours as part of the programme this year.
To book tickets or learn more about RISE 2017, please visit: https://riseconf.com/.
Carmen Yu / Pam Leung/ Valerie Sun
Tel: +852 2586 7874 / +852 2586 7856 / +852 2586 7870