Innovation as Competition: Australia’s Asian Future Summit 2017 to explore how innovative Australian businesses can tap into Asia’s growth
SYDNEY, Aug. 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — The Economist Events today announced that its annual event in Australia, the Australia’s Asian Future Summit, will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel in Sydney on September 1st 2017, promoting the theme ‘Innovation as Competition‘.
This event will bring together policymakers, business leaders, academics and entrepreneurs for a debate about the role Australian innovation can play in Asia’s future growth.
Charles Goddard, Asia-Pacific editorial director at The Economist Intelligence Unit, says, “Over the next 20 years innovative technologies will fundamentally change the way we work and do business.
“Asia has a burning appetite for Australia’s natural resources, but does it have the same appetite for its ideas?” asks Goddard. “We will discuss how Australia can compete in today’s innovative world.”
Flavia Tata Nardini, the chief executive of Fleet Space Technologies, is one of the speakers at this event.
She notes, “To keep Australia at the forefront of technology and innovation, we must place greater emphasis on R&D support for our start-ups, disrupters and innovative companies that need help today.”
- Julie Bishop, minister for foreign affairs, Australia
- Mathias Cormann, minister for finance, Australia
- Kelly O’Dwyer, minister for revenue and financial services, Australia
- Peter Coleman, managing director and chief executive, Woodside Energy
- Mark Palmquist, chief executive, GrainCorp
- Ruslan Kogan, founder and chief executive officer, Kogan.com
- Don Meij, chief executive and managing director, Domino’s Pizza Enterprise
This event will address questions such as:
- How can Australia compete with Asian countries that significantly outspend it in research and development?
- How can Australia export its capabilities in biotech, fintech and agribusiness to a varied region that in some places has already leapfrogged it?
- What can Australia learn from pioneering Asian entrepreneurs about how to build market share in some of the largest markets in the world?
For more information, please visit: innovationascompetition.economist.com
To engage with Innovation as Competition: Australia’s Asian Future Summit on social media, use #AusInnov in your conversations and follow @EconomistEvents.
For complimentary media registration, please contact:
Simrita Virk at Shed Connect
About The Economist Events
The Economist Events gathers the world’s top thinkers to build insight and exchange views on the issues that define our world. With a uniquely global perspective, we create over 100 unusually high-level and engaging live and virtual events each year. Our aim is to bring clarity to complex problems, inspire ideas and help our audiences make better decisions.
SOURCE The Economist Events